Ayat Hari Ini:

Monday, December 25, 2006

Be Thou My Vision

Banyak orang memulai blognya dengan memperkenalkan siapa dirinya. Saya melihat sedikit berbeda. Saya tidak berarti, tidak berharga tanpa keberadaan TUHAN. So, I decide to introduce my LORD first. Then, I will introduce myself in the presence of my LORD, I hope so.

Saya sengaja memilih lagu ini, BE THOU MY VISION. Karena selain bentuknya yg puitis, terdapat kedalaman pengertian tentang TUHAN, diri kita di hadapan TUHAN dan pergumulan hidup orang percaya di hadapan TUHAN sampai selama-lamanya. It's wonderful, isn't it? Just enjoy the song. In the next post, I will expose this song. Tentu saja berdasarkan penafsiran dan pergumulan pribadi. Mudah2an ga sesat dan jauh dr keinginan penulis lagu ini:)


Be THOU my Vision, O LORD of my heart
Naught be all else to me save that THOU art
THOU my best thought, by day or by night
Waking or sleeping, THY presence my light

Be THOU my Wisdom, and THOU my true Word
I ever with THEE and THOU with me LORD
THOU my GREAT FATHER, I THY true son
THOU in me dwelling, and I with THEE one

Be THOU my battle shield, sword for the fight
Be THOU my Dignity, THOU my Delight
THOU my soul's shelter, THOU my High Tower
Raise THOU me heavenward, O Power of my Power

Riches I heed not, nor men's empty praise
THOU my inheritance, now and always
THOU and THOU only, first in my heart
HIGH KING of Heaven, my treasure THOU art

HIGH KING of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heaven's Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.


Words: Dal­lan For­gaill, 8th Cen­tu­ry (Rob tu mo bhoile, a Com­di cri­de);
trans­lat­ed from an­cient Ir­ish to Eng­lish by Ma­ry E. Byrne, in “Eriú,” Jour­nal of the School of Ir­ish Learn­ing, 1905, and versed by El­ea­nor H. Hull, 1912.
Music: SLANE, An Irish Folk


Taken from The Cyber Hymnal. Thou­sands of Christ­ian hymns & Gos­pel songs from ma­ny de­nom­in­a­tions—lyr­ics, MI­DI files, scores, pic­tures, his­to­ry & more. Search­a­ble, ad­vanced Au­to­play fea­ture, free down­loads. New en­tries ev­ery week. Us­er friend­ly. Big­gest site of its kind on the In­ternet. Two thumbs up!

1 Komentar:

Anonymous said...

I've been listening to several versions of this song and your "4 Him" version is definitely one of the best even among the other celtic styles, at least so far! A thick celtic auro yet with very jolly pace whereby most of versions are so melancholy =)...

Post a Comment